It is reported by Euromonitor International , a leader in independent business intelligence covering industry, marketplace and consumer trends, reports that Serbia:
a. Has an aging population
b. That poverty is increasing
c. Visa restrictions have been loosened
d. Corruption continues to be a problem not only concerning justice but limiting start-up businesses.
Ever since World War II there has been an exodus of young people out of Serbia, especially in the past twenty years as communist fell. Serbian people left for economic success elsewhere. This was true in the churches also leaving many with an aging congregation.
Psalm 103:4-6 (NKJV) 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 6 The LORD executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed.
1. Let us pray that Serbia’s youth will be renewed. There are encouraging signs of youth coming back to the churches. Lord we ask You to save the youth from alcohol and drugs and give them hope.
2. Let us come against poverty in our prayers. Let us call upon the Lord to satisfy Serbia with substance.
3. Let us pray against evil destructive words being spoken against Serbia. The Lord has good plans for Serbia and wants to release freedom and productivity.
4. Lord we cry out for justice to triumph in the land. We pray first for the wicked to repent and seek Your mercy. Second, that government officials, law officers and judges would execute just laws that promote peaceful co-existence.
5. Let us pray against the negative side of visa restrictions; that people with evil intentions would not be able to get those visas to come into Serbia. Give discernment to border guards to recognize these wicked people.
6. Let us pray for President Boris Tadic, especially in light of the following statements he has made regarding fighting crime in Serbia:
Serbian President Boris Tadic
Development of institutions is a prerequisite of a successful fight against corruption and organized crime, and the further association of the region with the EU is essential for this process, said Serbian President Boris Tadic while opening the round table “Challenges in the Fight Against Corruption in Southeastern Europe”,…
Corruption is a form of social malignancy that stops development and undermines institutions. Where corruption acts, the state withdraws, where [the] state acts, corruption withdraws, said Tadic, reminding that corruption was incorporated into the very structure of society in the 1990s. “Corruption is a form of expected and favored behavior that entered into the culture of the West Balkan societies and thus the very society imposed corruption on citizens,” said Tadic.
He said that Serbia remains committed to the fight against corruption and organized crime and that no one is protected from liability for violations of the law, regardless of party affiliation, family ties or roles in society over the past decade. Still, corruption is also a global problem, so that countries should closely cooperate to eradicate this phenomenon,” Tadic said adding that development of the state and institutions is the responsibility and challenge our epoch. http://flarenetwork.org/blog/2010/06/28/serbia-regional-fight-against-corruption/
7. Lord, we ask for Your protection for President Tadic.
8. Lord, we ask You to surround him with wise counselors. Expose those people around him that belong to corrupt elements and give him boldness to cut off their influence.
9. Help President Tadic to make a stand against corruption and not look back.
James 1: 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
There are reports of pastors in Serbia coming together in unity. This is truly an answer to prayer.
10. Lord, we pray for continued unity among the pastors. May they see that unity disrupts the enemies plans.
11. We pray for the finances of the churches. Release the joy of giving in the people’s hearts. Lord, help the pastors to stay full-time in ministry and not have to take secular jobs.
12. Lord, we pray for the marketplace in Serbia. Send the Christians out into the marketplace with joy. We actually pray that Christians will dominate the marketplace. Lord, move Christians into key positions of present government and non-government institutions.